Supplier Diversity Statement
Softmart is committed to diversity, not just among our employees, but among our suppliers as well.
Diversity of people, cultures and ideas enhances our relationships with our stakeholders and strengthens our ability to provide innovative, high-value products and services.
Our supplier diversity program's focus is to build a diverse supplier base which serves the company well and benefits our customers and communities. Beyond that, Softmart's purchasing practices encourage the establishment and growth of minority businesses, which helps expand economic benefits to all North Americans.
Definition of Diversity
Minority or Women Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE)
We see MWBE as:
- For profit enterprises
- Physically located in the U.S.A.
- Owned, operated and controlled by minority group members or non-minority (Caucasian) women who are U.S. citizens
- Minority group members: Asian-Indian Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans*
- Ownership must be at least 51%
- Certified by NMSDC, WBENC or other generally recognized certifying body
* Minority Definitions follow:
We would prefer that all Minority or Women Owned, Operated, Managed, or Controlled suppliers be certified by one of the following organizations:
National Minority Supplier Development Council Regional Affiliates (NMSDC)
1040 Avenue of the Americas, Second Floor
New York, NY 10018
Tel: 212-944-2430 Fax: 212-719-9611
- Women's Business Enterprises National Council (WBENC)
1120 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20036
Tel: 202-872-5515 Fax: 202-872-5505
Other generally recognized certifying body (state, federal)