Adobe Volume Licensing Programs
Adobe offers three simplified options in which you can purchase volume licenses: the Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) for small to medium sized businesses and the Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) and the Adobe Enterprise Agreements (EA) for medium to large businesses. The TLP is offered for commercial, education, government, and non-profit end users; the CLP and EA is offered for commercial, education, and government end users. The TLP and CLP offerings allow for the purchase of Upgrade Plan- which will entitle you to all major (and minor) upgrades, updates, bug fixes for a period of two years.
Questions? Need a Quote?
Request a Quote
ADOBE® TRANSACTIONAL LICENSING PROGRAM (TLP) 5
Adobe's Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) 5 makes it easy to get volume pricing with no membership requirements and no agreements to sign. This program is available worldwide to commercial, education, and government organizations and covers most Adobe desktop products.
Key TLP Benefits
- Earn discounts without a contract - Why buy retail software when you could qualify to get the same products at an attractive discount and with additional benefits? For every eligible TLP 5 order of new or upgrade Adobe software licenses or of Upgrade Plan, you receive points. Your discount level is based on the total point value of each volume license order placed, and there is no minimum order size. The more licenses you acquire in a single transaction, the more opportunity you have to save on the entire order. It's that simple.
- Gain control of your software licenses - Keeping track of individual retail purchases and subsequent software usage across your entire organization can be resource-intensive. By acquiring Adobe software licenses though TLP 5, you will have a permanent record of the licenses your organization has ordered. TLP 5 provides access to Adobe's Licensing Web Site (LWS), the easy-to-use, password-protected portal that enables you to track and manage your Adobe software licenses online in one central location. With Adobe's LWS, you can run reports, track order history, access serial numbers, and download available software.
- Simplify deployment and compliance - TLP 5 orders provide a single serial number per product (per platform) across your entire organization, so IT staff can build a standard image for installation on each computer to get users up and running quickly. By ordering your software through TLP 5 and using Adobe's LWS to manage your licenses, you can eliminate the countless hours it often takes to monitor deployed retail software while ensuring your organization is in compliance with its Adobe software licenses.
- Manage software upgrades efficiently - As an AVL customer, you have the option to purchase upgrade coverage for your Adobe software licenses. Upgrade Plan enables you to purchase the right to any future upgrades released during your Upgrade Plan coverage period at a percentage of the license price. Upgrade Plan is offered per product, so you have the option to cover one or all of your Adobe software licenses, and Upgrade Plan purchases contribute to the total points of a TLP order, so you can maximize your discount. By investing in Upgrade Plan, your organization can more efficiently manage software upgrades and achieve budget predictability.
TLP Discount Levels
As the number of points increases in a single transaction, your TLP 5 discount level may improve.
|1||1 point||1 point||1 point|
For more information please download the TLP 5 program overview. (PDF)
ADOBE® CUMULATIVE LICENSING PROGRAM (CLP) 5
With Adobe's Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) 5, your organization can cut costs and simplify software administration on volume software licenses over a two-year membership period. Not only do your software orders provide cumulative, consistent savings worldwide, regardless of your location, but CLP 5 also helps your organization streamline software management with centralized tools to track and manage your Adobe software volume licenses.
Key CLP Benefits
- Significant savings - Among the Adobe Volume Licensing programs, CLP 5 offers the most significant savings. Not only do you receive a substantial savings over the retail price with your initial order, but all qualified orders of any size throughout the two-year membership term earn the same — or better — discount level. Orders accumulate points, and as your cumulative point total increases, so does your potential savings.
- Budget predictability - As a new CLP 5 member, you can achieve budget predictability by securing your discount position for your two-year membership. In addition, by placing a minimum order at the time of renewal, you can secure your discount position for the subsequent membership period. You may also qualify to renew into a given discount level with no minimum order required if the points you have accumulated throughout the term reach or surpass the given discount level.
- Simplified purchasing and deployment - As a CLP 5 member, you can easily track and manage your software licenses through Adobe's easy-to-use, password-protected Licensing Web Site (LWS). This portal enables authorized staff to run reports, track order history, access serial numbers, and download available software from one central location, making it easy to deploy Adobe software to multiple users in various departments and locations across your organization. You can also deploy additional licenses of products you have already licensed any time you need them and consolidate them on one comprehensive purchase order at the end of the month.
- Easy upgrades - CLP members also have the option to purchase upgrade coverage for their Adobe software licenses. Upgrade Plan enables your organization to purchase any future upgrades of licensed software that are released during your Upgrade Plan term at a percentage of the license price. You can choose to cover one or all of your Adobe software licenses, and Upgrade Plan purchases contribute to your cumulative point total to maximize your overall discount.
CLP Discount Levels
The number of points in your initial order indicate the discount level at which you will begin your membership term. In addition, you can also increase your discount level during your membership as you place more orders and reach the next level's points minimum. See the CLP 5 discount levels table below for commercial, education, and government members. Contact your Adobe License Center for the latest pricing.
For more information please download the CLP 5 program overview. (PDF)
ADOBE® UPGRADE PLAN 5
Easily keep your organization current with Adobe software
Adobe Upgrade Plan ensures Adobe Volume Licensing customers are always using the latest Adobe technology without straining their software budgets or administrative resources. This exclusive program for software licensed through Adobe's Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) and Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) offers your organization immediate access to all product upgrades for the length of your coverage period at a fixed cost per licensed product. Managing software upgrades has never been easier.
Key Upgrade Plan Benefits
- Save money on future upgrades - Pay up front for two years and ensure your organization pays today's prices for future upgrades. You have the option to make two annual payments as well. Note that pricing in the second year is not guaranteed.
- Enjoy flexibility in managing software versions - Standardize software versions across your organization or enable users to choose their preferred version based on their individual needs and preferences. You also have the flexibility to determine which licenses to upgrade and to select Upgrade Plan for as few or as many products as you choose.
- Gain a competitive advantage - Guarantee your entire organization is always using the latest technology with instant notifications of product upgrade availability.
- Achieve budget predictability - Purchase the right to all future upgrades during the Upgrade Plan coverage period — at a single cost per licensed product.
- Benefits for CLP members - Adobe's Upgrade Plan runs concurrently with the CLP membership term, so if your organization is a CLP member, you can enroll in and renew both plans at the same time. Not only can new software licenses be covered by Upgrade Plan during your CLP membership term, but previously licensed current versions of Adobe software can also be covered during your first 90 days of CLP membership. This unifies all your Adobe software installations under one comprehensive upgrade management program
- Benefits for TLP customers - Upgrade Plan for TLP customers offers 24 months of upgrade coverage. Your organization pays Upgrade Plan costs up front and has the option to renew for a third year at the end of the 24-month coverage period. (TLP for government customers can purchase either a 12-month or a 24-month coverage period.) As a TLP customer, you can order Upgrade Plan when you place a software license order or anytime thereafter (provided newer versions of the software you licensed have not been released). That means that you always have the flexibility to cover any number of current licenses with Upgrade Plan, as well as decide when to adopt the upgrade coverage. In addition, Upgrade Plan purchases count toward the total points within your TLP order, which can increase your total discount.
For more information please download the Upgrade Plan program overview. (PDF)
ADOBE® ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT (EA) 2
Adobe Enterprise Agreement (EA) 2, one of the Adobe Volume Licensing (AVL) programs, makes it easy for commercial and government customers to standardize on Adobe® Acrobat® and Adobe Creative Suite® software. With EA 2, you can take advantage of significant savings on volume purchases and ensure predictable pricing for three years. By purchasing the required Maintenance and Support, your organization can reduce upgrade and product support costs as well as its IT workload. And additional licenses are easy to deploy without administrative overhead. EA 2 helps your organization streamline software deployment and management and reduce costs.
Key Enterprise Agreement Benefits
- The most substantial product discounts of any AVL program
- Predictable pricing for three years
- Minimum initial purchase of 100 new, upgrade, or upsell licenses with Maintenance and Support for products in either the Acrobat Family or the Creative Suite Family to easily standardize software across the organization
- Annual true-ups for adding additional licenses while minimizing administrative overhead
- Additional discounts for customers who standardize on software from the Acrobat Family across 100% of the computers in their enterprise
- Ability to apply points accrued from EA 2 purchases to improve Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) discount levels*
- Comprehensive support coverage to help you deploy faster, maximize productivity, and mitigate risks
- Required Maintenance and Support coverage that provides automatic software upgrades
EA 2 and CLP 5: Better together
Adobe licensing customers can maximize their overall savings on Adobe software by participating in both the Adobe Enterprise Agreement (EA) 2 and Cumulative Licensing Program (CLP) 5 volume licensing programs. CLP 5 delivers cumulative savings on volume purchases of all Adobe desktop products over a two-year membership. EA 2 offers the most substantial savings for organizations standardizing on Adobe® Acrobat® or Creative Suite® software.
Now both programs work together to provide the highest overall savings. Existing CLP customers can leverage their current CLP discount level for their initial EA purchase as well as additional purchases throughout their EA three-year term. And EA 2 customers can earn CLP points on their Acrobat and Creative Suite purchases to contribute to their overall CLP discount levels. CLP membership is not required for EA 2 customers, but it is recommended. To achieve the greatest benefits that both programs have to offer, customers should become a CLP member—if they aren’t already—before they enroll in EA.
For more information please download the EA program overview. (PDF)